April is FEW Membership Month which means it’s time to celebrate membership, recruit new members, and take advantage of the benefits provided to you as a FEW member.
Some ideas to think about during Membership Month:
- Provide information about your successes with other Regions or Chapters so everyone can share in your accomplishments. We can build a better, stronger membership if we continue to communicate what has worked well. Providing information on productive membership drives, chapter meetings, fundraisers and the like will help other chapters grow and flourish.
- Connect with others via your social network and let them know you are a proud member of FEW and tell them what the organization means to you. You can also tell them about the organizational milestones we have achieved through our 50 years of existence.
- Be sure to visit the Member Benefits page (under the Newscenter link) on the FEW website and take advantage of the various benefits and discounts provided by our partners.
- Check out News & Views on a regular basis to see what’s going on at the National, Regional and Chapter level. Our Sponsors and Partners take an active role in providing you with “news you can use” as well.
- Take advantage of the member savings for the NTP and join us in Atlanta, Georgia, July 16-20, 2018. We will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the organization with a Gala on Tuesday, July 17, 2018.
- Tell others how FEW has made a difference by listening to all of FEW’s Past Presidents on the FEW Video Archives page (under the Events links).
- Get involved in the Legislative process and let your voice be heard by using CapWiz to communicate with Members of Congress and promote the needs and concerns of women in federal service.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, GovLoop and LinkedIn.
- Don’t forget our 50 for 50 campaign as we look to add 50 Diamond Lifetime members. You can login to the FEW website, click on the My Account link at the top of the page, and click Online Dues to upgrade your membership profile!
“Whatever community organization, whether it’s a women’s organization, or fighting for racial justice … you will get satisfaction out of doing something to give back to the community that you never get in any other way.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg