FEW Mentoring Program
The purpose of the FEW Mentoring Program is a competitively selective mentor and training opportunity for those who aspire to become effective leaders within FEW and to build their network in the government for career advancement.
This program is exclusive to FEW members. It is a 12-month program consisting of insightful learning objectives, webinars, training sessions, and direct mentorship by Senior Executive Service (SES) or equivalent leaders with the federal government.
Mentoring is a mutually beneficial experience where valuable knowledge, invaluable experience and astute insight is shared. It offers growth opportunities on professional and personal levels for both Mentors and Mentees.
- Become Empowered to Make Better Decisions
- Learn from Experience of Others
- Gain Encouragement and support
- Improve Self-Confidence
- Establish a Focused Direction
- Understand Available Career Opportunities
- Develop Leadership & Management Skills for Others
- Strengthen Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Strengthen Skillset of the Federal Workforce
- Improve the Self-Confidence of Others
- Grow Professional Networks
- Expand Career Opportunities for Others
- Current Federal Employees
- Active FEW Members of at least three (3) years
- Hold Elected/Appointed Position at Region/Chapter
- Application Period: January 31 - March 12, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Selection notifications sent in June by FEW National President.
- 12-month FEW Mentoring Program kicks off at the 2023 National Training Program.
- 2023 Mentee graduation service to be held at 2024 National Training Program.
"We are very excited to introduce the newly revitalized FEW Mentoring Program for professional development, highly rewarding partnerships and networking. We look forward to reading your application." – Special Assistant for Mentoring