FEW’s Training Program presents a prime opportunity for training for those who wish to strengthen their professional skills and expand their knowledge base by utilizing the FEW’s network of trainers. FEW’s training curriculums are informative, engaging and insightful for the purpose of achieving the mission of “advancement and professional growth of women.” FEW’s training programs have three major functions:
- To increase members’ knowledge of the Federal system, rules and regulations under which they work
- To help members acquire knowledge of career development and planning techniques
- To enhance members’ personal effectiveness and awareness of the broader issues that impact women
Within these broad parameters, FEW conducts a variety of training programs on various critical topics geared to the needs of its members and agencies. Training is required to be conducted on all tiers of the organization — National, Regions, or Chapters.
The National Training Program is held annually during the month of July. It is FEW’s premiere training event and offers a multitude of training topics ranging from skill building and career development to leadership training and supervisory and management techniques, from general personnel policies to specific procedures relating to sex discrimination and sexual harassment. This event also provides a unique networking opportunity for Federal employees across the country.
People worldwide attend FEW’s NTP because of the enormous return on investment.
Attendees benefit from FEW trainings through:
- Improved job performance – Those who participate receive the necessary training to elevate job performance. Training with FEW gives opportunities for a greater understanding of job responsibilities within their role, and in turn build their confidence.
- Improved satisfaction and morale – Training is an investment that never loses interest. Learning is the greatest return on investment and it shows growth and investment in what you value most. Training creates a supportive workplace.
- Addressing job performance weaknesses – Training supports eliminating weaknesses in the workplace and to seek improvement and strengthening those skills that the participant needs to improve.
- Increased productivity and adherence to quality standards – Training with FEW provides hands on experience and helps to increase efficiency in processes to ensure project success which in turn will improve the performance.
- Increased innovation in new strategies and products – Ongoing training and upskilling of the workforce can encourage creativity. New ideas can be formed as a direct result of training and development.
- Enhances your personal profile – Training helps to develop your personal and professional brand and makes participants prime candidates for career advancements opportunities.
Each of FEW’s Regions sponsors at least one Regional Training Program (RTP) each year. Chapters are in a position to tailor their training more specifically to the local community and members’ needs.
For additional information, contact the Vice President of Training, Kaya Lewis-Baltimore, at trainingVP@few.org.