Federally Employed Women values you, the Military Woman
- FEW recognizes the special education and experience your military service represents, and honors your selfless dedication to the defense of our nation.
- FEW needs your expertise and your voice to advocate women’s issues that affect all of us and to advance our cause in an ever-changing government infrastructure.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership in an international professional women’s organization dedicated to serving women employed by, or retired from, the federal government, civilian or military.
- Membership in an international professional women’s organization that plays a leadership role in promoting legislation that is beneficial to its members.
- Communications and information via the National FEW web site, regular legislative updates, e-mail alerts, and the FEW newsletter News and Views, available via email or special request.
Military Meritorious Service Awards Program
FEW’s Military Meritorious Award Program is an annual recognition program of awards given to a maximum of six exceptional military service members; one for each service branch (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard) and for one member of the National Guard. The purpose of FEW’s Military Meritorious Service Awards is to recognize outstanding military service members within the Armed Forces who have distinguished themselves with significant contributions to their service and our nation by one or more of the following:
- Promoting a positive understanding of the armed forces among and between men and women, minority and non-minority members of the military and civilian population.
- Fostering an innovative and constructive environment between the military and civilian community and men and women of all races and ethnic backgrounds that benefit employees and/or community residents.
- Displaying exceptional character that distinguishes the individual as an outstanding leader and role model.
- Supporting and working towards the advancement of women within the armed forces.
Military Service Members Resources:
If you are a military service member discharging from the service and looking to be hired by the Federal Government, here are a few resources:
FEW Wants to Hear From You with Ideas and Feedback:
Federally Employed Women also works for the advancement and support of military women. To share your ideas and professional expertise gained in the military, contact the Special Assistant for Military Women, MSG Tracy Marshall, US Army Reserve, at firstname.lastname@example.org