Dear FEW Members,
“I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.”
– Audre Lorde
Federally Employed Women: May our actions and words honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. today and every day.
Happy Birthday, Dr. King!
Ways to promote equity and peace In celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
- Learn more about the history of non-violence.
- Join a conflict resolution or mediation program.
- Host a book club or discussion group in honor of Dr. King.
- Participate in a community outreach service project.
- Attend a poetry, music, art, or performance event.
- Write letters to promote equity and social justice.