- FEW recognizes the special education and experience your military service represents, and honors your selfless dedication to the defense of our nation.
- FEW needs your expertise and your voice to advocate women’s issues that affect all of us and to advance our cause in an ever-changing government infrastructure.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership in an international professional women’s organization dedicated to serving women employed by, or retired from, the federal government, civilian or military.
- Membership in an international professional women’s organization that plays a leadership role in promoting legislation that is beneficial to its members.
- Communications and information via the National FEW web site, regular legislative updates, e-mail alerts, and the FEW newsletter News and Views, available via email or special request.
Military Recognition Award
- FEW’s Military Recognition Award is an annual award given to a maximum of six exceptional military members, one for each service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard) and one for one member of the National Guard, a valued partner of FEW.
- The purpose of the award is to recognize service members that support and promote diversity, equality, and the advancement of women in their respective services. It is presented at FEW’s National Training Program held each July.
- Go to MRA Nomination Guidelines on our Awards page for more information and for the nomination package format.
Hot Article for Military Members:
If you are a military member discharging from the service and looking to be hired by the Federal Government, please review Federal job hunt made easier for outgoing military members, which is a fairly comprehensive overview of VOW, (Veterans Opportunity to Work) . Click here for more VOW resources
FEW Wants Your Ideas and Feedback:
- Federally Employed Women looks forward to your ideas and professional expertise advancing the cause of women working in the military. To provide information or address a concern, contact our Special Assistant for Military Women, Tracy Marshall, at email@example.com