BEING A PART OF FEW ALWAYS MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!
FEW continues to educate and stand up for federal workers. We encourage you to stand with us and write your local representatives on these 7 bills.
(1) ERA - S. J. RES. 39 –Ben Cardin - Joint resolution to remove timeline for equal rights resolution to remove joint resolution to remove timeline for amendment ratification
(2) Paycheck Fairness Act - S.797- Senator Barbara Milkuski (D-MD) Amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to provide more effective remedies to victims of discrimination in the payment of wages on the basis of sex, and for other purposes.
We Do Not Support
(3) ANTI-FED Legislation - H.R. 3813, The Securing Annuities for Federal Employees Act of 2012, by removing the annuity supplement beginning 12/30/2012
(4) ANTI-FED Legislation - H.R. 3844 Sponsored by Rep. Martha Roby, R-Ala. “The Honest Budget Act” would prohibit all step increases between the time of the bill's passage and Dec.31
(5) ANTI-FED Legislation - S.644 - Sponsored by Richard Burr (R-NC) Public-Private Employee Retirement Parity Act - to prohibit coverage for annuity purposes for any individual hired as a Federal employee after 2012
(6) ANTI-FED Legislation - H.R. 3029, Sponsored by Representative Mick Mulvaney (SC-5) – “Reducing the Size of Federal Government Through Attrition Act”. This legislation would reduce the federal workforce by 10% by 2015, with expected savings of $139 billion over the next ten years.
(7) ANTI-FED Legislation - S.1931, Sponsor - Sen. Dean Heller, (R-NV), “Temporary Tax Holiday and Government Reduction Act” Extends the freeze on the pay of federal employees through 2015.